Franklinton is the oldest, yet hippest community in Central Ohio. Franklinton has a proud, pioneer tradition that began with the first settlers of Columbus and continues today with the many dedicated community leaders that call Franklinton home.
Lucas Sullivant, a Virginia-born land surveyor, established Franklinton in 1797. It is bordered by the Scioto River on the north and east, Harmon Avenue on the east, Stimmel Road and Greenlawn Avenue on the south, and Interstate 70 on the west. West Broad Street, or US 40, is one of the country’s first roads and is Franklinton’s main throughway.
Long-plagued by devastating flooding and social ills, this center-city community has risen from the miry clay and is now on the cutting edge of smart, ethical, and courageous revitalization.
We invite you to come be a part of Franklinton, make it home, and become neighbors with a community that, while it has seen the “bottoms,” is now finding a new identity as a city on a hill.
Challenges of Franklinton: Columbus’ Historic Urban Neighborhood
Click on the photograph below to view the video.