Urban Scrawl '16 is coming!!!
Saturday August 27th (noon to 10:00) & Sunday August 28th (noon to 6:00)
Urban Scrawl is a 2-day arts festival organized by the Franklinton Arts District featuring the live creation of murals at 400 W. Rich by talented artists from central Ohio and beyond. Since 2007, Urban Scrawl has provided Columbus artists a way to showcase their talent while participating in Central Ohio’s largest ongoing urban renewal project. Each year the number of participants, murals, sponsors, and attendees grows making this a landmark summer event in Columbus, Ohio.
These completed murals are now being made available for purchase annually at the Art for Franklinton fundraiser auction to benefit Franklinton Arts District's new George Bellows Artist Grants program. Other murals not appearing in the fundraiser auction are weather-sealed and mounted publicly in the neighborhood, in cooperation with local businesses, to help enliven the community of Franklinton, Central Ohio’s historic first settlement.
The 2-day FREE event also features:
· A DJ and breakdancing stage presented by Squared
· Cold Beer from Rhinegeist Brewing and cocktails from Middle West Spirits
· Great local food trucks
· A kid’s art space featuring collaborative kids art projects
· Custom T-shirt screen printing on-site from Positive Negative Press
· Awards to be given for Crowd Pick, Franklinton Arts District Board Pick, and Artist Favorite (announcement to be made at 4pm Sunday)
· Stay tuned for more!
URBAN SCRAWL CALL FOR ARTISTS CLOSES JULY 15, CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
Above: Karl Francis Urban Scrawl 2012 YouTube video