Urban Scrawl '15 is coming to 400 Rich!!
Saturday August 29th (noon to 10:00) & Sunday August 30th (noon to 6:00)
Urban Scrawl is a 2-day arts festival organized by the Franklinton Arts District and presented by CD102.5 and Rhinegeist Brewing featuring the live creation of murals by 64 talented artists from central Ohio and beyond. Since 2007, Urban Scrawl has provided Columbus artists a way to showcase their talent while participating in Central Ohio’s largest ongoing urban renewal project. Each year the number of participants, murals, sponsors, and attendees grows making this a landmark summer event in Columbus, Ohio.
For the first time, these completed murals are being made available for purchase annually at the Art for Franklinton fundraiser auction to benefit Franklinton Arts District's new George Bellows Artist Grants program. Other murals not appearing in the fundraiser auction are weather-sealed and mounted publicly in the neighborhood, in cooperation with local businesses, to help enliven the community of Franklinton, Central Ohio’s historic first settlement.
The 2-day FREE event also features:
· A DJ and breakdancing stage presented by Squared
· Cold Beer from Rhinegeist Brewing and a Watershed Distillery Mule Bar
· Great local food from Dos Hermanos, OH! Burgers, Sophie’s Gourmet Pirogies, That Food Truck, Mission Coffee Co, and J-Pops
· A kid’s art space featuring collaborative kids art projects, a painting wall, and a famous artist dress-up photo booth!
· Urban Brawl event presented by Artist Wrestling League
· Custom T-shirt screen printing on-site from Positive Negative Press
· Outdoor skate park
· Parklet installation from Columbus Parklet Project
· Awards to be given for Crowd Pick, Franklinton Arts District Board Pick, and Artist Favorite (announcement to be made at 4pm Sunday)
· Recipients of the first ever George Bellows Artist Grants program to be announced at 4pm Sunday
Questions about Urban Scrawl? Click HERE
Above: Karl Francis Urban Scrawl 2012 YouTube video